From: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:13 PM
To: "Tesla Coil Mailing List" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] Terry Filter

Hello Joe.

Do not try to run your setup without secondary or other replacement load,
e.g. aluminium  pan with water or similar.
You need something to draw energy from your primary or you will put
heavy stress on your primary components, even to the point of failure.

You might test C, R oder even breakdown voltage, but I would not go that
far, hook it up in the final coil and ramp voltage slowly up, nothig
too bad should happen if you take care and watch your meters.

regards

Christoph Bohr

I guess I will build my MMC, mount my NST +
line filter, and then see what happens sans secondary?  I was thinking to
set the safety gaps that way.  Is that sensible?

Thanks in advance for all advice,

Regards,

Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx