Re: [TCML] Measuring Voltage?

Minor points:

> Sounds like the resistor ( that usually accompanies the meter) is
> missing. Sometimes there is a resistor inside the case of the meter
> and an additional resistor is required to "match" the voltage to
> the meter reading (fine tunes the meter to the real voltage).
   Standard technique.  ESPecially in HV work, putting the
   resistor OUTSIDE allows for appropriate (special...)
   resistor.  (I'm recalling a VdG article: 10, 10M(?)
   in series, 2' long stick, to get the standoff voltage...)

> Since you were getting about 100KV on approximately 250V, there is
> probably an internal resistor.... thus you need another resistor to
> reduce the voltage going to the meter's coil.
> In most cases there is a tiny bit of text below the needle that states
> the full swing current (F.S. 250mA for example)
   When i was trained, it stood for Full Scale...

> using Ohm's Law you can figure out the needed resistor value for the
> range of the meter and  voltage applied.
    Concur.

    best

New dwp:     dave_p@xxxxxxxxxxx