Re: [TCML] Measuring Voltage?

Yeah, you know, it just seemed too easy when I first put it together. Okay, so someone mentioned "guesstimating" the voltage, that works for someone like myself who is math-challenged. So, ballpark figures, what might my secondary output voltage be from a 4" coil, 9kv power supply? The streamers run about 25 to 30". Also, how would that change for a bi-pole coil with a secondary gap of only a few inches? I ask these questions partly for my own curiosity, but also when people see my stuff in operation, I can give a fairly decent answer to when they ask, how much voltage IS that?
Thanks everyone for your input!

Neal N.

] Measuring Voltage?

Voltmeters off X ray machines are NOT rated to the voltage indicated on the scale. They are a low voltage meter that is fed from a voltage divider circuit. You can apply low voltage DC and determine what the actual rating of the meter is and also the resistance and then make a voltage divider to hazard to the meter itself.