Re: [TCML] Mosfet H bridge questions

The idea is to eliminate a chip altogether, as I want to use a programmable input signal (+5VDC.) The frequency will at it's lowest be 15kHz, and go as high as several hundred, so a gate transformer will be an option, but I know noting about designing one, hence my autotransformer idea, which would in theory adjust itself more or less to varying input voltages, I don't know if it is feasible to take a 5V signal up to 400V + the turn on voltage of the FET, hence I didn't research that route (though I suppose I could use a standard gate transformer with the secondary of the high side grounded to (boosted by?) the Vinput to the bridge, but I don't know if it works that way... This would also allow for a more or less independent voltage input if MOSFETs work the way I think they do.) The key elements here is that it be full bridge, have flexible voltage input with minimal changing of parts, be driven by a 5V signal with a completely varying duty cycle and asymmetric input possible (so no driver chips,) and have a relatively low parts count. Any additional thoughts or suggestions?

Scott Bogard.