Re: [TCML] Dielectric strength of vinyl?

According to http://www.asiinstr.com/technical/Dielectric%20Constants.htm

VINYL BUTYRAL 3.3 - 3.9

VINYL CHLORIDE (ACETATE ) 3.0 - 3.1

VINYL CHLORIDE (FLEXIBLE ) 3.5 - 4.5

VINYL CHLORIDE (RIDGIG ) 2.8 - 3.0

VINYL CHLORIDE RESIN, HARD 5.8-6.4

VINYL CHLORIDE RESIN, SOFT 2.8-4.0

VINYL ETHER (68° F ) 3.9

VINYL FORMAL 3.0

PBT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:12 PM
Subject: [TCML] Dielectric strength of vinyl?

Does anyone know what the dielectric strength of vinyl is? Specifically, clear vinyl, like the kind used in clear vinyl tubing?

I am in need of a couple short (10') lengths of insulated wire to supply my TC, and am considering running a small wire through vinyl tubing with a 0.125" wall thickness, mainly just to keep the wires from arcing to each other or the floor.

Thanks,

Jon