From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Teslalabor
Sent: 21 November 2010 12:11
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] 3000W Halogen Dummy Load WAS: Coil V4 fail (additional)

Hi Phil, others,

before I will do a full scale test with secondary in place, I performed a
test with a big 3000W dummy load in place of the primary. The dummy load
consists of 6 halogen bulbs each 230V / 500W connected in series. I made a
video of the dummy test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3M2KNXbrs

The system seems to run very smooth, Richie's resonant charging design works
pretty well. Compare it to an earlier video, where I used much to high
primary capacitance (240nF) and other bad parameters and got terifying
glowing electrodes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O84SI50g0NY

as you can see I also did some changes @ the SRSG but the electrode diameter
is the same (4mm tungsten).

Will tell you the results (+ video) when testing with secondary in place.

Best Regards
Stefan