From: rdragovich <rdragovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Nov 26, 2010 11:10 pm
Subject: [TCML] New Builder

Hello,
 have recently become interested in building a small Tesla coil. The only part
hat I have purchased to date has been a used 15kV, 30ma NST. For the capacitor,
 am considering the purchase of a used oil filled GE Pulse Discharge Capacitor,
odel 17L9PH, rated at 50kVDC, .043uF. Can someone tell if this is the right
ap, or is there more suitable cap either homemade or purchased to match my
ower supply? The GE cap is a bit expensive at $125 plus shipping, but I wonder
f it offers better performance than a homemade version. Thanks for any help
hat you can provide.
ick