Re: [TCML] Ebay Capacitors?

Hi Jay,
I've tried them and at least for my 15/60 NST with an SRSG and they worked fine.    I built 2 MMCs, one with the venerable 942s, and one with these.

Total desired LTR MMC size is 17.2nf according to JavaTC, so I used  16.67nF, which I figured was close enough in the math.

For the 942s I used 2 strings of 18 942C20P15k for a V rating of 36kV.  Total cost = 36 x ~$3 = $108

For the CJE caps I used 5 strings of 3 CJE caps for a V rating of 60kV.  Total cost = 15 X ~$7.00 = $105

So it was a wash cost wise.    Performance wise, I didn't run them long enough to really experience any problems.   What I'm saying is that the 942s have  withstood all sorts of poor tuning and spark gap misfirings during all my "experimentation", and irrespective of how many holes may be punctured in them internally, they still hold their cap value and I haven't had a single one fail.

I have not put the CJEs through the same torture.   They worked for a couple days, then I moved on to other experiments.

Cheers,
Joe