Re: [TCML] new pig driven coil VSVFSG

I agree, I think your spark gap has reached its limit.  I have posted this several times before over the past 10 years here it is again.  A variable speed vacuum fan spark gap (VSVFSG) works just as well if not better than a rotory spark gap and it is a lot easier and cheaper to build.  It only takes about 5 seconds to dial in maximum spark output. The variac controls the speed of the vacuum cleaner motor, as the motor picks up speed you can see a noticable increase in spark output length. When you reach a certain speed spark length will be at maximum.  If you increase the motor speed more spark output gets shorter.  It is very easy to turn the dial back and forth a few times and dial in maximum output in just a few seconds.  I have used the same spark gap on all 8 of my coils from 1 neon to 14 KW. All you need is a vacuum cleaner motor, 2 toilet flanges, and a simple RQ spark gap.  My gap has 8 gaps spaced .030" each with a 1/8" slot cut in the PVC pipe directly in front of each gap. The fan suck air in the slots and keep the 3/4" x 2" long copper tubing cool. You can get a vacuum cleaner motor from a cheap vacuum cleaner at Goodwill Stores or yard sales.  Here are some pictures.  I get 12 foot streamers from my 10" coil on 10KW in dry low humidity weather.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tc10-4.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tesla2.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tc2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h292/mikeweaver/gap1.jpg