Re: [TCML] Propeller-Style SRSG eats Tungsten Rods @ 10kVA

Good point about possible not having a secondary load.  I didn't hear any
sounds in the video like secondary sparks.  Without a load, the power that
would normally be going into sparks would go into heating the gap.

I'm not sure it's fair or useful to suggest that a propeller gap isn't up to
the task of a 10KW or whatever, coil.  I don't see how a disk holding short
tungsten segments is inherently more capable than a propeller geometry.  I
think what matters is only the diameter of the tungsten rods.  If the same
diameter tungsten were used in a propeller gap, wouldn't it be equally
capable as a disk-based geometry?  I was going to suggest that maybe
propeller gaps are limited because long welding rods don't normally come
over 1/4" diameter, but just noticed that McMaster-Carr has lengths up to
12" and diameters up to 2".  Wowza!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA