Re: [TCML] Propeller-Style SRSG eats Tungsten Rods @ 10kVA

By the time its glowing red your quench factor is horrible.

Use 1/2" tunsten molydenum with threads into 1/2" brass rod feedthru (the
G-10).  1" size on stationary gaps. Above 10 kVA we use only 1" dia.
tungsten / molydenums with 2" dia. stationarys, then go to 4 gaps --- one on
each side of the wheel.    Big coils are definitely not cheap to build!!

Dr. Resonance