[TCML] Coil V5 - first light

http://yfrog.com/n2rrfj

8.5" x 34" secondary.  919 turns of heavy build 20ga.  6" x 24" toroid
Using the same dreaded ribbon primary because I didn't want to have to build a new one yet.  Spacing between the top of the ribbon and the first turn of the secondary is 3.75".  k=0.09 calculated (not yet measured).  ARSG.  Pig running at about 30A.
Sparks seem to be in the 6-7' range, but have yet to mount the larger toroid I'm working on.

Basically, needed to replace my 6.25"x24" secondary that burned last weekend.

Problem with this secondary is that the Dolphs bubbled up on me.  It went on w/o bubbles, and they emerged later.   I coated all week, at least 1 coat per day.   Could it have happened because it is much colder out then when I wound my prior secondaries?

Cheers,
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx