[TCML] Re: Electricity Diagram

Thanks Gary and Becky. The simulation is really cool and pretty close to what I'm looking for. And Gary, I admit that the Terry Filter and pfc added into a diagram may be confusing for students (and a lot of others). As an aside, I think diagrams are nice reminders (sometimes) to us of the obvious or what we should know and can help kickstart our foggy brains when we've become over creative and need to troubleshoot.

First let me say my email was worded ineptly since it's really a charge carrier diagram or current diagram rather than my use of the oft confused and tortured word "electricity."  What I guess I was looking for was a nicely created charge carrier or current diagram that lays out current moving through the circuits showing the oscillations. The simulation does a pretty good job of that.

The next question I have (and which I suspect I know the answer to) is this - Has anyone seen or know of a diagram, graphic, simulation, of the electric and magnetic fields associated with a tesla coil? In a perfect world it'd be nice to see the EM waves as well (Poynting field). And yes, I know it's highly academic and not the most practical side of what we talk about on here. But I'm sure there's some engineers or physics people on here who've thought about this before. Thoughts?

Monday, October 25, 2010 3:24 PM

"Alice" <alice33@xxxxxxxxxx>

To:

Hi,

I do not know if this one has all you want; but this is one I found a while back.  I was looking for understanding myself, and I found this one useful.

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/e-tesla.html

There is another site with loads of electrical contraptions.  I love how these things work.  Unfortunately, they do not have a Tesla coil.  I wish they would do one because it would be fantastic if they did.  Even so, the site may be useful for you in the future.

http://www.magnet.fsu.edu/education/tutorials/java/index.html

Good luck with the science project.

Becky

----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Esq." <a_key_move@xxxxxxxxx>