Re: [TCML] Can i use an NST as ballast ?

I think i got a nice deal on a additional NST hopefully. But i have to wait two weeks to get it thou.

Its 5Kv 120ma, same make as the 8Kv 60ma one i already got.
If i parallel the primaries (of the NST:s) and short the secondarys i get roughly 1kVA to my larger transformer ? Do i need anything additional, or is it just to hook them up as you suggested ?

It would be almost perfect matchup for my coil and cap. LTR needs to be around 34nf and i got 30nf.

Btw here is a video of my coil i got up and running last weekend with the singel nst. Still needs some tuning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaxe1U1Yclg