From: Scott Bogard <sdbogard@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Sep 26, 2010 11:19 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Largest Secondary Coil "Drivable" by Primary Circuit

John,
  Good info, I was not aware of this relationship, but it does make sense. It does bring to question however, is there a more concrete formula that relates input power to relative toroid size or capacitance?  So if one is designing a system that uses 3kW his toroid size should be X picofarads for longest spark before breakout can no longer occur under normal conditions... It makes me wonder how much bigger I can go on my 4-inch coil that uses a 7*24; the thing makes sparks longer than my old system that happily ran a 12*40 and is consuming about the same power, just a smaller secondary...

Scott Bogard.