Re: [TCML] CW magnifier

John,

I think I know the coil you're referencing here.  That coil doesn't use
staccato, at least not in the sense that the filament is grounded to turn
the coil every few mains half cycles.  That coil has a special power supply,
not a mains frequency transformer for the B+ supply.  The pulse rate is
pretty low, about 1.5pps I think.

-Phillip