RE: [TCML] Intro & Coil Winder

Thanks,

Did nothing under my 24" blacklight.  Nothing glows at all!  But you know me,  I will do all acrylic base and LED light it.  Not too bright, don't want to destroy the view of sparks.

I may still redo that part of my winder, I do not like my clamping system at ALL.  It is off balance right now, mainly because the wood clamps are so hard to move.  I plan to redo the design, but I have no idea what the best method is, to hold the coil in place.  Usually people just take a wood circle and press the coil together.  Instead of what I did.  Anyways, with the current setup i doubt i could even fit a 4.5" coil in it.  I would like to have this be able to do many sizes, considering the fact this is a large winder...might as well use it for every size coil I can right?  58" coil at max will fit.

Also, for anyone wondering, the motor is from a satellite actuator arm that i heavily moddified to support a 5/8" threaded shaft.  However i noticed the motor has been making different noises from when i last used it, hopefully i didnt deform any metal during the making, it still works, but it must last hours of rotation to coil, and MANY hours of drying time for the poly coating.