Re: Re: [TCML] Tesla's topload

On 16:59, Ed Phillips wrote:
Have you modeled the 'Tesla topload' spheroid with hemispherical bumps a la Wardenclyffe? Always looked like a complicated and expensive design to me but one that seems to fascinate some Tesla believers.

I can only simulate terminals composed of rings with my software. But the effect of hemispherical bumps is surely similar. The essential difference is that there is charge concentration at the centers of the bumps instead of on the outer sides of the rings. I imagine that there is a rule relating the shapes of the bumps with the breakout voltage, and that someone already figured it out. The capacitance, anyway, is essentially determined by the outer average shape.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz