Re: [TCML] Top Load Output

It's possible to calculate a theoretical maximum secondary voltage, by using
conservation of energy.  You know the amount of energy per bang that starts
on the primary side - Joules = 1/2*Cpri*Vpri*Vpri where Cpri is the tank
capacitance in Farads, Vpri is the voltage on the cap when the spark gap
fires.  Assuming that all of that energy is transferred to the secondary
side with NO losses (a very incorrect assumption), equate that number to
1/2*Csec*Vsec*Vsec, where Csec is the combined capacitance of the secondary
coil and topload, and Vsec is the peak topload voltage.  Solve for Vsec, and
understand that this figure won't come close to being achieved due to
losses.

Amperage?  That would depend on a great many things.  Short answer - no.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA