Re: [TCML] which is more recommended? MOT or NST?

Hi James
IMHO MOT's being plentiful and essentially free offer an easy path to big and small coiling.

Yes only about 2kVrms per MOT but the use of DC systems and resonant charging can boost that to 20kV from single MOT (Steve Connor , scopeboy site http://scopeboy.com/tesla/index.html , link not working when I checked this AM) and others (Drillings page on Terry's site)

In my own case 3 MOT's per side (Mag shunts out) FW rectifier, Pi Section DC filter gapped MOT's(4) again) and MOT's(4) as ring up inductors runs 8 to 10kVA and well over 3m arcs all nearly for free a total of 14 MOT's in the coil

Best
ted in NZ