Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:13 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Tiny Mini TC sparks video

Here are some fun little 1/2" sparks from a cute little baby tesla coil with a secondary of 4 inches - in length! It's wound on a thick cardboard spool from the clear plastic bags you find in the produce section of your local grocery store.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9XGGGi2s5U

The spark length is around 12% of the secondary's length - given that it's not even tuned and kind of sloppy in all but the secondary coil, is that decent for a first light? I don't plan on spending too much time with this little thing. My 4" diameter (18" long secondary) coil needs its primary coil layed out in a flat spiral and its tank circuit hooked up, I think I have all the tools and parts I need to do that now - its been a long time coming but its getting there. The big one I want to build in a better quality then this cute little toy of a practice coil.