Re: [TCML] Tuning a Tesla Coil with an Oscilloscope

Brandon,

You can find the resonant frequency by driving the base of the coil with a
signal generator.  It helps if you have an idea where the F0 is to begin
with.  You don't have to hang the probe next to the secondary, it can be
sitting near the coil, on some object that isolates it from the ground.
(also you could clip the probe to a length of wire to act as an antenna).
Basically what you're looking for is the frequency input from the signal
generator that gives the maximum amplitude on the scope.

-Phillip Slawinski