From: "Ed Wingate" <ewing7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] 4'-5' tesla coil sparks?

Hi Jay,

It has been my observation that there is no one at the museum who knows
much of anything about Tesla coils or the rigging of Tesla coils. They
have talked about installing a Tesla coil for years and one of the
museum directors visited my lab here in Brockport (18 miles from the
museum) during a Teslathon several years ago to get an idea of what was
involved, but nothing has ever come to fruition. I visited the
development warehouse last summer at the request of a friend who helps
out there concerning Tesla coil/Van de Graaff generator safety and the
response was a bit lackluster, to say the least. The Van de Graaff
safety issue arose as a result of the unit that you folks built at RIT.

Another coiler from the Rochester area put on demos at the museum at
various times for a year or two using his own equipment. He did not
mention if there was any compensation.

I believe that they are looking for donated time and equipment, which is
fine, if you are willing. The insurance and liability question is one
that I never asked, because things never progressed to that point. Be
cautious.

Ed Wingate