Re: [TCML] Maxwell 31173 fail

Well, 0.06uH inductance on the cap that exploded, vs 0.02uh on the  much used/abused little white Maxwell 37667s I had been using before.
Honestly, I never checked the specs as I should have.  And who knows what abuse it had been through before I put it into my coil primary circuit.

Ricinus oil (Castor oil)?  I presume this is the Castor Oil of the old days which was used as some sort of curative and is related to, but not as deadly as ricin.  And I presume that because I am here typing now and not in the morgue??

Joe