Re: [TCML] Motor Question

> Hey,	I recently bought a motor for an improved spark gap. The owner
> didn't know the RPM of the motor, but it says it runs on 120volts at
> 0.65 amps at 1/50HP. Is there a way to calculate the RPM?

   More information is needed and even then the answer may not
   be known.  Surest is to measure.

   Depends on the motor type:
     synchronous: given pole count and frequency and rotor pole count
     rpm os calulable.
     induction: same, only speed varies.
     anything else: speed varies with load, applied volts

    best
     dwp