[TCML] The good and old mini SSTC

Hi list

Had a little vacancy and put together a miniSSTC (Steve Ward' well known schema). It is intended to be a little presentation coil, built for endurance rather than big sparks.

-full bridge IRFP260N
-old secondary with Fres < 200 kHz
-8 turns primary with trifilar conductor (a balance between enough turns to keep the FETs cold but big section conductor and high coupling to get solid discharges)
-big GDT with 16 turns to avoid saturation at high pulse width
-variable pulse width and pulse rate
-it has not an own antenna. The signal input is connected through a cable to a metalic object in my room (see in the picture).
-110 Vac input for safe runing

http://img231.imageshack.us/i/mnsstc1.jpg/

http://img826.imageshack.us/i/mnsstc2.jpg/

At high PW the arcs are hot enough to burn the alu foil from my little toroid. Too pity I have not a smooth aluminium toroid.

Low PW, high PRF
http://www.youtube.com/user/teslina#p/a/u/1/jAXq5BWFPQs

High PW, high PRF
http://www.youtube.com/user/teslina#p/a/u/0/Ato2QbsI8Ew