[TCML] Re: aluminum for faraday suit ?

To answer several questions with one post, yes you can use this type of suit with any sized coil. Yes true, the weight differences would be substantial however there would be no benefit to using Al in terms of conductivity. Either material will essential provide same end results. And finally, the purpose of this suit (http://www.teslamad.com/faraday/faraday.html) however is to show you how to build a professional faraday suit for the purposes of demonstrations. This is a ridged suit that will not break down easily over years of use and thats suitable for film. Of course there are many lighter alternatives such as stuffing yourself inside a bunch on ducting which achieves the same result, however your range of motion and visual camera appeal quickly drop off. To be honest, weight wise if the suit is balanced correctly using suspenders to remove some of the load its really not all that bad. I've spent about an hour in one standing without any trouble what so ever. The professional suits we used in the last video use this technique and it makes them quite comfortable. Try doing a handstand inside a faraday suit built out of home improvement style ducting.

Cheers,
Andrew Robinson
www.teslamad.com