Re: [TCML] Sync gap setup

On 1/10/2011 12:41 AM, B McPeak wrote:
Hello,
I need some help setting up a synchronous rotary gap. I have built
several coils with static gaps. This is the first sync one. Gap is 1800
RPM motor and four tungsten flying electrodes, and 2 stationary. Phase
is adjusted by disc position. Have built a larger MMC bank for rotary
operation per a design program. Any help on getting the phase adjusted
with simple tools would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Brad McPeak

The motor is the little Oriental brand at 1800 RPM. I don't see a HP rating, but it is listed at 7.5 watts .30 amps. Any suggestion on the proper size cap to use with John's phase controller?
Thanks,

--
Brad McPeak