Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] My first VTTC using a 833A tube

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:43:36 +0100, you wrote:

What I don't understand is the function of the capacitor C2.

It provides a low impedance ground return path for L1, the coil's primary.
Without it, the only return path is through the stray capacitance of the
transformer, and maybe a tiny capacitance of the rectifier diode.
Without it, I'm surprised the thing oscillates at all!