[TCML] MORE X-ray transformer(s) for sale

Hi all,

For you folks in the eastern half of the country who would find
Hal's unit in AZ too far of a commute to go and pick up, I also
have several x-ray transformers that I would like to liquidate.
They were all manufactured in the US after 1977, which was
the date that it became illegal to use PCBs in electrical equip-
ment. I am located near Memphis, TN and would MUCH prefer
that you come and pick up these, too. I do have like one extra
pallet that I could probably strap one or two units to if the buyer
were to make all of the pick up arrangements, though.

I have one beefy Raytheon unit (RME 325 R) from which I have
already removed the diode sticks to make it a high voltage AC
supply. It is rated at 125 kVp @ 300 mA and measurement
shows the modified AC output to be about 108 kVAC (RMS).
It will easily jump a 9" gap via terminated short pieces of
x-ray cable and weighs in the 350 to 400 lb. range.

I also have two unmodified (internal diodes still intact) Bennet
units - one is a T835, manufactured March, 1980, the other a
T325, manufactured May, 1986. Other than the differing model
number and manufacture dates, they are pretty much identical
in physical dimensions and weight (probably near 400 lbs), in-
cluding the their 125 kVP, 300 mA and 132 amp momentary
input current rating, per the manufacturer's label.

I also have a CGR unit (621B877GO2) that come out of a port-
able machine. The label doesn't really provide any more info than
this but I have tested it and it is indeed hot. It's internal diodes re-
main intact as well and from observation of it's output, I would
estimate its output to closely match that of the other 125 kVp,
300 mA units. Being as this unit did come from a portable machine,
it is a bit lighter than the other ones and actually has two handle
grips on its top, although it is still way to heavy for a man to pick
up and walk around with. Estimate its weight in the 225 to 250 lb.
range.

All of the units are of the original 60 hz input style (not the newer
HF type) and plug directly to a 240 VAC line. Of course, as with
any non-internally ballasted transformer, they must be externally
ballasted to use without instantly tripping your mains circuit break-
er. They all have the standard Federal female port cups for their
output HV output terminations and would require the standard
high voltage cable with the matching Federal male plug ends to
access their high voltage output. And although I think it goes with-
out saying to this group, I'll still mention that these units are uber
lethal if mishandled and you will assume all associated risks if you
decide to get one or more of these units.

As for price, I will let them go really cheap as I am really starting
to need the space that these beast are taking up. How about $75
each, if you come and pick them up? If I have to start strapping
them to a pallet and all, then the price will have to go up a bit for
my trouble, plus you'll have to foot the bill for freight and make all
of the arrangements.

Of course, as with any items that list members try to sell on this
list, keep all responses to me directly, off-list. I can also provide
pics of each unit, if desired.

Thanks,
David