Re: [TCML] Twin coil on a flatbed Frankenstein themed show truck.

Den 20.01.2011 kl. 20:51 skrev Weinhold Shannon L
<Shannon.L.Weinhold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all.
I'm working on a fun project...I'm building a rather large coil on the
back of an old '50s era flat bed pickup. 8"X32" secondaries with 14"
spherical toploads.
Weinold,

Just use identical secondary's, wind flat primary's in opposite
directions, connect them at the outside turns, and attach the innermost
turns to the tank. In a twin, due to sharing the primary inductance in 2
coils, each coil can be compact, I even put mine inside the coils, for the
utmost V-Twin lookalike, but I don't recommend this anymore.

http://hammertone.com/temp/goodimage.jpg

Do your homework, and it can even sound like a V-Twin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0scx1WD3sU

enjoy!

Cheers, Finn Hammer