Re: [TCML] Best design for a 15KV 120mA trans?

I would disagree with this advice.  Going between a static and SRSG gap
entails, at a minimum, also changing the cap value and primary inductance.
One cannot simply swap a static gap with an SRSG, leaving everything else
unchanged.  The capacitor needs to be a much larger value with an SRSG.  If
a properly sized cap for a static gap were used with an SRSG, the safety gap
would fire non-stop.  If a properly sized cap for an SRSG were used with a
static gap, the NST would draw crazy-high currents.  The tables relating
proper cap size to NST parameters have separate columns for static/LTR and
SRSG gaps.  You'll be disappointed if you try to use the wrong cap size.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA