Re: [TCML] update

On Jul 7, 2011, at 5:32 PM, "Reverend Fuzzy" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am intrigued by the description of this "corona ring". Have you (possibly) close-up photos of said device?  I have temporarily
> protected the secondary windings with a plastic jar lid, covered with foil tape... streamers still happening there, but at least not
> directly on the windings.
> ---
> Reverend Christopher "Fuzzy" Mayeux
> Pastor, MSB Ministries
> Hattiesburg, MS

Based on prior knowledge and his description, you aught to just lower the toroid (if possible) so that the field around the toroid can suppress breakout from those top few turns.

Think of it as air pressure. The high voltage tendancy to break out is like high pressure air in a balloon. High pressure inside, and normal/low(er) pressure outside. By dropping that corona field around the affected turns, it equalizes the pressure around those turns with more 'high voltage pressure'. Refering back to the metephor, that would give you what appears to be an empty balloon, back to reality, no tendancy to breakout.

Thats just what I came up with, dont know the extent of the accuracy to my metaphor, but it seems logical to me. Please correct me if im wrong.

--
Brandon H.