Re: [TCML] DRSSTC Waveforms (updates)

Justin, I still think you're implementing the phase lead incorrectly.  Steve
mentioned that in his circuit (which I presume you're using unmodified), he
clamps the output of his zero crossing transformer with diodes, no burden
resistor.  That is a very nonlinear load, so implementing predictable phase
shift on the signal with that load won't work well.  To implement phase
shift on the feedback CT, he and I both do something different.  We burden
the CT with a combination of resistance and inductance to give the desired
complex impedance,  then we connect that to the clamping diodes through a
large resistance.  That resistance is very important because it prevents the
nonlinearity of the diodes from screwing with the phase lead network.
Without it, it won't really work at all.  Refer to the schematic Steve
posted.  I've been using a near identical method for the last year, and it
works great.

Also, in you diagram you show the burden resistor and inductors in
parallel.  This can work, though it's easier to put them in series (less
inductance is required).

If you tell me some information about your coil and circuit, I can suggest
some values for the circuit.  I'll need to know:  your operating frequency,
your CT turns ratio, the rough peak primary current, and the desired phase
shift (or lead time) you want to see on your zero crossing.  Also if you
know the magnetizing inductance of your CT output, that might be helpful
(since it can cause phase lead itself).

-Mike