[TCML] Silicon Carbide MOSFET for SSTC designs

List,
                Just came across this device from Cree (http://www.cree.com/products/pdf/CMF10120D.pdf) and was wondering how it would work in an SSTC application. The snippet from the article in High Frequency electronics states that it will be a replacement for Silicon IGBTs. I have not yet endeavored down the solid state tesla coil road but thought this part might be of interest and I am curious what the solid state experts think. This part is $46 on Digi-key. Hope everyone is doing well!

Jeremy
Cincinnati, Ohio

Sent from my BlackBerry device from Cincinnati Bell Wireless