Re: [TCML] Looking for a 1.8nF 50V (Polypropylene 2%) Cap

Hi Brandon,

There's nothing sacred about the 1.8nF value.   IF you were planning on
using the frequency dial image that Terry provided, it would be a good idea
to use exactly the same components that Terry did, but even then, I would
recommend doing your own dial calibration with a frequency counter, since
audio pot's are not typically high-precision devices.  My 10K pot measures
9.38K.

Otherwise, you can use anything remotely close.  For the cap. I used a
1600pF 5% mica cap.  No reason you couldn't series-parallel whatever you
have in your junk box to achieve something close.  For the bi-color LED, I
just used two red LED's back-to-back.  Probably the only really important
thing is that the cap be temperature-stable, not ceramic.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA