Re: [TCML] small coil

Hi Gates,
      There are a lot of designs out there for small coils, one thing
I would like to mention is that if you are using a MOT twin pack take
tabletop out of your vocabulary...  My twin mot coil makes arcs 60+
inches long, and it is only a 4-inch diameter coil!!!
http://bogard.110mb.com/TC3.html
10 nf is a good size cap for a LTR NST coil though, since I've never
had good luck with LTR you might do well to ask for more opinions on
the matter.  You can start with 3.5 inch PVC pipe cut to 15-17 inches
and wound with 28 AWG wire.  Use Java TC to see what type of NST you
will need to match your capacitor for LTR, I would do the calc for you
but I am at work on break...  Let us know what you decide.

Scott Bogard.