Re: [TCML] RE: longer sparks?

Hi Etienne,
First and foremost, you should upgrade your ground, whether you can install a ground rod or simply make a better counterpoise, you should really try to not use aluminum foil. If you absolutely can't install a rod, try to It make a counterpoise out of screen door screening, or hardware clothe which is much more durable and generally reliable.
That alone should give you a little performance boost.You can also try to add another larger toroid on top of your existing one and retune the primary coil as best as you can.
You're static gap should work just fine, just as long as you have it set right. Upgrading to a RSG would help the most, but you may as well just upgrade the entire coil in my opinion...
Last thing I can suggest, is to use a thicker gauge wire in your primary circuit. I'm not sure what you have now, but I believe you should use 12-10AWG(?) wire in your primary anywhere beyond the capacitor bank, where power is highest.
Hope some of this helps you,
Brandon H