Re: [TCML] Secondary discharge problem

You may be overcoupled.  Try adjusting your pri to sec spacing.  Usually
1.250 or 1.500" pri-sec spacing is adeqate.

Also, check your res frequencies of both pri and sec with a sig gen and
oscope.  Also, used JAVATC free online ---- it's very accurate.  Coupling
should usually be around 0,14 or less.

Lacking this,you can measure your coeff of coupling using and old hot water
heater element, ammeter, and voltmeter.  Run the short circuit current up to
about 10 amps, measure the sec milliVolts output, and plug them into the
equation.

Dr. Resonance