Re: Re[TCML]MOT Shunts

The peak flux density in the core depends basically only on the volts per
turn and inversely proportional to frequency, I would recon a 240v MOT would
(should) be wound with twice as many turns (assuming the same core cross
section and frequency), so if you apply the same primary voltage to a 240v
mot as a 120v mot, the 120 would saturate first at a lower voltage, which
causes the magnetising inductance to fall, so it draws more current...

Jesse