Re: [TCML] connecting tubes to make primary

What you want to do is get a short (~1") segment of shiny brass 10-24 or
10-32 screw or threaded rod, and insert it halfway into each end of the
tubing.  Heat it with a propane tourch or heavy duty soldering gun and feed
solder into the joint.  The screw/rod will keep the two segments coaxial and
provide mechanical rigidity.  Attempting to use tape of any sort will be
mechanically and electrically inadequate.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA