Re: [TCML] DRSSTC tuning at high power

>Okay, so I can either slow down the power delivered from the secondary to
>the topload (no good because that will just limit my power throughput) or
>increase the power delivered from the topload to the streamer (this is what
>I presume I want).  So basically I want a very low impedance from my
>secondary, through the topload, to the end of the breakout point, correct?

Yes. I think so.

>I've got experience in FEM (comsol), and I don't see how you could replicate
>the actual breakdown of air into plasma.  You could try setting air as a
>nonlinear volume conductor, but that wouldn't include how the plasma and
>ionization behaves after the charge is gone.

I don't think you could use comsol to model the spark itself, but it would be nice to have a good time domain model of the topload, which is a fairly complex distributed L and C (pretty low R, I should think, although skin effect is significant on the nanosecond time scale).  Take a look at my diagram that I just put up on my website (previous post to TCML)

I think the actual spark might need to be modeled by some special code, although it's possible a clever combination of idealized sparkgaps and discrete R, L, and C would be close.