Re: [TCML] valve coil problems

Yes, thats pretty much whats happenning here. (also yes, standard positive
feed back, self oscillator)
But somehow the secondary coil is taking over control of the valve. I have
not seen this happen before...
The tuned circuit in the plate (even when designed to have a high Q) , or
in the grid, is having very little sway over the driving frequency.
The valve I am using is a Tetrode 4CX15000A. It can dissapate 15kw, and is
good for 50kw in class C.

The screen is well bypassed, and the cathode is well bypassed. the only
thing that I can think of is that the ground cable is fairly long, and
could be getting a voltage on it from the secondary base driving into it.
However, The secondary, cathode, and grid etc, are all grounded to a large
aluminium ground plane, so am I correct in saying that even if the ground
cable that earths this plate had a voltage accross it, as long as the
components are all seeing the same potential at the same time, then the
voltage should not effect the valve.
In other words, it is the difference in voltage between cathode and grid
that is important right?

So:
How is the secondary triggering the valve?
Why the third harmonic and not the resonant frequency?
How do I test to solve this?

Kind regards,

Carlos