Re: R: [TCML] valve coil problems

Carlos,

Do you have a large enough toroid on the secondary?  That
might possibly help to stabilize the operation?  I have no idea
if it will help.  I never explored the issue.  I just know that a
toroid normally helps the overall performance.

Also have you tried tuning the primary tank considerably lower
than the secondary resonant frequency?  I usually tune the
primary quite a lot lower.  I think the splitting of frequencies
due to the needed over-coupling causes some issues.

I've seen some very weird behavior in valve coils.

Cheers,
John