Re: [TCML] so young

The primary can certainly be made of aluminum but aluminum oxide could
could hinder conduction at connection points.
Secondaries are made from readily available magnet wire which is ceramic
coated copper, you would be hard pressed to find sufficiently insulated
fine aluminum wire but I suppose its not impossible.
Bare in mind that aluminum is very brittle and once kinked is likely to
break upon straightening.
I suppose stainless could be an option but the vast majority of alloys are
comprised of elements with very low conductivity and would be dificult to
work with.
Google the IACS conductivity chart and youll see what I mean.
Copper is just more practical and a superior choice in Tesla Coil building.
Cost wise it wouldnt be worth the headaches, aesthetically and the "hey
this different" effect may be worth while.
Performance wise, somebody else could answer that better than me.