Re: [TCML] tesla coil blowers

Though no one asked, I'll offer my theory.  The air between the electrodes
in a sucker gap is at a lower pressure than the surrounding atmospheric
air.  As the pressure is reduced, the breakdown voltage of the gap is
reduced.  A lower breakdown voltage delivers smaller bangs, and lower
performance.  Just a theory though - I haven't run my sucker gap in many
years and I haven't personally witnessed this.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA