Re: [TCML] At last - a good use for Tesla Coils!

1) I haven't checked, but am told Nikola Tesla patented
an ignition system.

2) Has anyone checked the (now obsolescent) Points-n-coil
system fo reoance?  At lower freq?  Yes: Kettering got his
name on it.

3) There are lot of twists and turns to ignition systems
over the years, a few in my life time.  claims from
developers need checking/verification.  I distinctly
recall an electronic ignition scheme from the 50s:
Improved Wonderful.  Used thyrotrons.  Sort of died off.

4) ...RF arc starteers...  Just so.  When researching emi/rfi,
for work, some decades back, found that the heliarc welders
in our shop had these nifty little RF/HV sources, diven by
spark gaps to help get things started.

   Maintenance:  Check the gap, adjust, do not file.
   Its Tungsten and harder than the file...

best
dwp