Re: [TCML] Circuit breakers

On 10/7/11 8:18 AM, David Speck wrote:
Jay,

The horizontal solid line with a dashed line below it is an
international symbol for direct current.

Sounds like that would be the DC rating of the breaker.

They use a sine wave to indicate AC (~)

TA probably indicates trip amps, at 62.5

D is the delay curve. Different breakers have different delay curves,
indicating how long they take to trip for varying degrees of overload.
Check out the manufacturer's website, should have tables of delay curves
for each breaker.

Not sure what the Ue and Ln stand for. They are new to me.

Dave

Ue is the rated operating voltage (e = einsatz(german) = use(english), U = I can't remember, it's not Potential or Voltage (Spannung))

Are you sure it's a L and not an I?  In is the nominal load current.

http://www.iaei.org/magazine/2006/11/what-do-the-markings-on-circuit-breakers-mean/

UL guide, but no pictures
http://www.ul.com/global/documents/offerings/perspectives/regulators/electrical/newsletters/MoldedCaseCircuitBreakersMG.pdf

You're probably looking at the IEC 60947 markings..

See, for instance,
http://pws.schneider-electric.co.uk/internet/pws/literature.nsf/luAllByID/NKIY-5JUHSL/$file/MGD5032_section2.PDF/

here's an example molded case circuit breaker catalog
http://tristateelectricmc.com/pdf/IECmoldedcasebreakercatalog.pdf