[TCML] How to Fix Damaged Secondary

Hi everyone!

I recently finished completion of a fairly large Tesla coil, (specs and video below), and have been testing it.

Maximum Arc Length (so far) 9 feet
Secondary Diameter: 12"
Secondary Coil Winding Height: 57"
Wire Gauge: 18awg
Number of Turns: 1400
Toroid Minor Diameter: 12in
Toroid Major Diameter: 60in
Power Supply: 14.4kv 10kw Pole Pig
Ballast: Lincoln Arc Welder (240 Volts @~ 26 amps)
Primary Capacitance: 0.1289 uf
Asynchronous Rotary Spark Gap

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfQYHF6Z62c&feature=related

When testing at about 5 Kw, I noticed some arcing one individual turn at exactly one point about 12" on the secondary. Upon examination, there is a small burn mark at the point on the turn where it was arcing. At this point on the wire, the varnish is melted and has left the point exposed. I have re-varnished the entire coil already. Is there anything I can do to "heal" the damaged point to prevent further arcing? I was originally planning to step up the power to about 12 Kw, but I might have to hold off, or possibly reduce coupling. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your kindness,

Amir Mojarradi