Re: [TCML] Help choosing tank caps for dual MOT

It may be worthwhile to perform some critical thinking about why your
caps fried.  Can you supply further details about the MMC construction
(number of caps, I assume one string?), transformer rating, and spark
gap settings?  In particular - how was the gap width (assuming a
static gap) set, was there a safety gap?  Could the gap width have
been opened up wide, even briefly???

The 942's are better than the 940's, in that they can handle a higher
current.  It's not clear that a MOT-powered coil would be less
demanding.  Surely MOT's are a lot harder on the gap, and static gaps
are typically not used with MOTs (though I've only heard this - I
haven't personally tried).

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA